At Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences. The Streaming and Interactive Entertainment group builds the global streaming platform that includes a suite of applications and platform capabilities to support all our brands (in addition to WBD's Gaming business). This platform covers Search, Content Recommendations, Personalization, Catalog, Video, Subscriptions and more. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of products and brands (HBO Max, Discovery+, Food Network, CNN, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, and many more). This is a growing, global product and engineering group crucial to WBD's future.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer III to join our Labs Experimentation team based in London. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
• You play a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing. You are known for your subject matter expertise
• Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
• You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions.
• You provide mentoring to other engineers and your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• You can troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace, etc to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it. You can identify root causes and identify learnings to improve both development processes and system design.
Working with data science teams to create models to improve the current experimentation platform.
• Experience in Experimentation and A/B testing.
• Expert in Go and Python languages.
• Persistence and caching solutions such as Dynamo DAX, PostgreSQL, Redis, Open Search.
• Micro-service based architectures using gRPC and Kafka for interservice communication.
• Asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming and experience implementing with Go and Python.
• Usage and deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
• Experience of building, operating, and truly owning services. Implementing alerting, metrics, and logging using Prometheus, CloudWatch, Kibana, PagerDuty.
• Very strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, architectural and design patterns, data structures & algorithms
• Very strong expertise in cloud computing and hands on experience in delivering large scale distributed systems on cloud platforms like AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP
• SQL & NoSQL experience including DynamoDB and performance tuning.
• Databricks Platform experience (SQL, ML, Workflows)
• Previous experience of streaming data, ML and analytics workflows at scale. Including data pipeline architectures and performance tuning.
• Ability to apply strong analytical skills in delivering simple solutions for complex problems
• Background in Data Science & Data Engineering (including math and statistics functions)
• Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb6jbx-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.