Associate Digital Strategy
New York, NY
Discovery, Inc. is looking for a digital superstar to join the direct-to-consumer social media team, supporting brands such as Food Network, TLC, Discovery and more.
This role will create and edit social media content for our active social platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented and organized individual who is well-versed in creating flat and video social content.
• Create and edit short-form social assets from existing long-form content to promote titles across social media platforms, such as compilations, trailers, and more
• Design and implement social media templates, both flat and video, for use across social media platforms
• Create engaging social content to promote priorities across networks (memes, Instagram stories, TikTok videos, Giphy stickers, compelling thumbnails)
• Organize social assets and deliverables for use across internal and external teams, including network teams, marketing teams, and talent teams.
• Create compelling powerpoint presentations or other visuals to support brand needs
• Shoot live or native footage for special projects as needed.
• Some travel may be necessary.
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
- Experience in digital design and video editing - please provide portfolio or sample links
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects, and/or Adobe Premiere
- Active and engaged participant in social media (provide links)
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Omniture, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- Basic videographer/camera skills are a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and work effectively with multiple teams
- Complete familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree
- Social media or community management experience
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.