Sr. Manager, Fan Relations
Does this sound familiar? You live and breathe social media, from creating original social content for Instagram Stories to driving engagement on Facebook. You’re passionate about design, DIY and travel.
If this is you, come work with us on Discovery Digital’s Home + Travel social media team for digital brands like HGTV and Travel Channel. We’re looking for an experienced social media manager to assist with social publishing and strategy.
1. Assisting in the management of company’s day-to-day social media content
2. Working with social media managers to develop and grow fan engagement strategies
3. Maintaining editorial calendars to track planned content publishing efforts
4. Creating and scheduling posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
5. Creating and reviewing graphics to maintain a clear and consistent visual style
6. Monitoring and reporting results of social campaigns
7. Working with internal teams including editorial and marketing to maintain best practices for social media content and voice
8. Curating and posting relevant social partner content to seamlessly fit the voice and style of HGTV and Travel Channel
9. Providing real-time platform coverage during live or TV events
10. Oversee sponsored social campaigns including responding to RFPs, creating approved assets and managing a sponsored social calendar
11. Pitching and creating innovative original content for our daily publishing platforms to answer social media, SEO and news trends
12. Working with external contributors to coordinate topics, access and logistics for Facebook Live and Instagram events
* A bachelor’s degree in communications, media, journalism or a related field
* 5 years’ experience managing a large-scale social media account
* Proven passion for social engagement and experimentation in the rapidly changing digital world
* Excellent writing and copy-editing skills and a sharp wit
* Strong editorial judgement
* Familiarity with social media publishing tools, such as Khoros
* A passion for design, DIY and travel content with a knowledge of industry trends
* An appreciation for and knowledge of viral content. You’re a pop culture aficionado who always has today’s meme at your fingertips.
* A passion for details and organization and experience working in spreadsheets
* Video production or editing experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
knoxville, knox, knx, tennessee, tn
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.