We're on the lookout for an enthusiastic and TV-obsessed Social & Digital Executive – Lifestyle and Entertainment to join our Marketing team as we bring viewers the very best in real life entertainment through our brands and D2C products. As a team, we're responsible for managing and delivering all the fantastic promotional campaigns for Discovery UK's lifestyle & entertainment brands – Really, Food Network, Quest Red, HGTV, TLC & Investigation Discovery.
The Social & Digital Executive will report into the Social Media & Digital Manager but will also be a key member of the wider team, working closely with the Marketing and PR teams, as well as the D2C team, to showcase our amazing series like 90 Day Fiancé, At Home With The Nolans, Ghost Adventures, Tom Kerridge Barbecues, Faking It, Sarah Beeny's Renovate Don't Relocate, Man vs Food and Rachel Khoo's Simple Pleasures as well as a diverse range of other fantastic shows.
So, if you think you're up to the challenge, we definitely want to hear from you!
As a Social & Digital Exec, your focus will be on engaging and developing our Lifestyle and Entertainment communities through brilliant creative and conversation. Your role will also involve helping to recognise new commercial opportunities, as well as driving traffic to discovery+ (our new streaming service) via our owned digital channels.
• Help manage the Lifestyle & Entertainment social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube); daily tasks to include community management, drafting content calendars in-line with marketing priorities, curating and uploading social content, copywriting and creating weekly and monthly insight reports for wider team.
• Encourage brand engagement in digital spaces through content and conversation. Build advocates through communities & existing interest groups e.g. Paranormal, True Crime, Food and DIY / Home
• Brief content creation team to create 'sticky' short-form videos that will generate views, as well as ultimately funnel viewers to our D2C products, or promote a linear TX
• Work with central teams to secure short-form content that can then be localised for UK social feeds and websites
• Work closely with the Creative, Marketing and Commissioning teams on ideation around higher level standalone social content
• Work with talent to harness their communities and drive awareness of their shows and where to watch online
• Own a live relationship with our audiences and deepen their engagement and maximise brand reach
• Work with Ad Sales team to deliver digital-only sponsorship campaigns; from participating in brainstorms and responding to briefs, to implementing campaigns online and reporting results
• Provide weekly reporting on social performance across key metrics
• Recommend tactics to increase content visibility, traffic, customer acquisition and retention
• Keep channel websites up to date, produce fresh and engaging content that will ensure users return
• Keep up to date with emerging content trends, platform tools etc. to ensure strategy is evolving in line with the industry
• Embrace Discovery's values ''Power Peoples Passions''.
• Strong experience ideally in the broadcasting or entertainment industry, good opportunity for a community manager or junior producer looking for that next step
• Strong copywriting and creative writing skills, with a keen eye for detail
• Good Community management experience, working across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube
• Experience briefing in campaign elements to creative teams, liaising with designers and video editors to deliver campaign assets
• Ability to identify ''sticky'' short-form video content, adapt/edit for different social and digital platforms e.g. Instagram vs Pinterest vs Twitter vs Food Network's website
• Confidence to propose new and different solutions to existing practices
• Able to think on your feet & come up with innovative, cross-platform ideas
• Experience using social media management tools, for monitoring conversations and measuring campaign success
• Tech savvy, with some website CMS and Photoshop experience
• Experience with analytic software (e.g Omniture, Google Analytics/ Adobe Analytics) and video editing software (e.g Final Cut Pro / Avid) are a plus
• Ability to remain highly focused while working under pressure on several projects at once
• Strong relationship management and stakeholder management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a number of departments and services
• A love of reality content is essential!
• Of Discovery Network UK flagship brands
• Of the broadcast, media and digital industries
• Demonstrates good consumer understanding and insights
This role is based in our London office in Chiswick with some flexibility to work from home. Likely to be based remotely initially.
Finally, if you're excited to bring your skills to our team, then what are you waiting for? We're looking forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y016-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.