Software Development Manager
London, United Kingdom
Discovery+ is the new streaming service by Discovery Inc, the brand behind the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Eurosport, Quest, Quest Red, the Science Channel and TLC. It is the home of real-life entertainment. From fact-seekers to sports obsessives, petrolheads to foodies – whatever you're into, you'll find it on discovery+. It is a strategic product for Discovery Inc, available globally, with the main coverage in the USA, UK, India, and European countries.
Discovery+ is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher for its London studio. This position will be reporting to the User Research Lead and UX Manager, as part of an established UX design and research team within a global product organisation. It will have a main focus on EMEA users while serving the growing global business.
• Analyse multi platform quantitative (international) usage data through Adobe analytics and other data sources (A/B testing, MVT testing) to drive insights informing further research, Design iterations and business decisions.
• Utilize and extend the existing KPI framework to inform longitudinal research and triangulate findings with qualitative data sources.
• Plan and run qualitative research including; usability testing (multi platform including Smart TVs), information architecture tests (hierarchical tree test, card sorting etc. ) questionnaires , semi structured interviews and online surveys.
• Work closely with other user researchers, customer experience and market research teams to distill customer feedback into actionable insights for further research, Design iterations and business decisions.
• Produce high quality research reports and regularly present to team and stakeholders
• Mentor junior research team members and contribute to the strategy and vision for user experience and design projects across discovery+, ensuring products embrace the needs of their audience and the goals of the business.
• 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in applied qualitative and quantitative user research.
• Degree or equivalent experience in human behaviour related fields (Consumer psychology, Sociology, HCI, Information Science, Communications, etc.).
• Experience with remote user testing tools and platforms (e.g User zoom, usability hub )
• Experience working with public-facing digital services
• Ability to distil impactful research findings and get the message to cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics or similar software and applied statistics.
• Experience of working with Agile Methodologies.
• Experience working in streaming media and online entertainment services. Experience in sports is a plus.
• Expert user of a wide range of remote user research tools.
• Expert in using enterprise level analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics.
• Experience with KPI frameworks and performance measurement plans
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88919-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.