Sr. Product Manager
New York, NY
We are looking for an experienced technical product manager to partner with engineering to build product strategies, prioritized roadmaps, and clear product specifications for our global cloud platform on which a majority of the various Discovery+ streaming content runs. Product management is a new team in our global platform services organization and we're on a mission to raise the level of product thinking and ownership across the entire organization. If you're looking for a deeply technical and highly dynamic opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of product development and software engineering at Discovery, we'd love to talk to you!
• Develop product roadmaps and specifications across cloud infrastructure offerings that inform engineering teams on objectives, scenario prioritization, and customer requirements
• Define longer-term product direction across cloud infrastructure that influences Platform-wide strategy
• Partner with our customers (other internal Discovery+ engineering teams), to better understand their problems and work together to deliver needed solutions
• Partner with other product managers to create cohesive strategies and roadmaps across organizational boundaries
• Foster an environment that is customer-obsessed, data driven, and hypothesis / experimentation based
• Engage deeply with various communities and strategic organizations to stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
• Help evolve the product management discipline and practices within Discovery+ engineering
• A combination of deep technical knowledge and customer-focused mindset
• Demonstrated understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies at scale, with deep expertise in one of compute, storage, or networking
• Experience designing large scale production services for internal or external customers in public or private cloud
• Strategic thinker that can relate technology solutions to customer use cases
• Comfortable handling and navigating ambiguity, working across different disciplines and teams, and applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to problem solve without perfect metrics
• Good balance of IQ & EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yv5z-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.