The Senior Accountant will be a member of the Finance Controllership team. The Finance Controllers are responsible for monthly and quarterly US GAAP reporting, preparing the statutory financial statements (in numerous GAAPs), review of account reconciliations and support for financial reporting processes managed by Global Business Services center. More specifically, the Senior Accountant is seen as a key person to support the Finance Controllers in financial reporting processes of US GAAP and local GAAPs while ensuring compliance with audit, tax, SEC, and SOX guidelines. The person will work on a broad accounting and finance aspects and will report directly to a country Finance Controller.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparation of numerous statutory financial statements (audited and non-audited), supervision and support of the month end closings, VAT reporting, supervision of implementation of new processes for various GAAPs purposes and other as needed tasks. The volume of new investments in our company continues to increase along with the complexity of accounting. Change is constant and the Senior Accountant must be able to adapt to changing priorities. The Senior Accountant will have possibilities to develop her/his experience within Polish Accountancy regulations, IRFS and US GAAP.
• Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with company's filing schedule across EMEA region
• Prepare and coordinate documents necessary for the external audit process, ensuring smooth audit
• Support in managing internal and external audits to ensure timely compliance
• Reconcile differences between Statutory and US GAAP ledgers and perform year-end statutory closing activities
• Support financial statement approval and filing across EMEA countries
• Participate in financial consolidation process
• Contribute and provide advice to business change projects from finance perspective
• File monthly VAT returns and VAT reconciliations
• Oversee implementation of external legal changes and requirements projects resulting from local GAAP or US GAAP as needed
• Support month-end closings for selected entities (Control revenue, expenses, payroll entries and other accounting documents)
• Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA a plus
• 4-5 years of general ledger experience in a corporate environment. Public company and SAP experience a plus.
• Understanding of GAAP and ability to identify issues and analyze financial activities.
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry required
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task with effective organizational and problem solving skills.
• Proven attention to detail and delivery of results.
• Highly motivated self-starter and team player.
• Demonstrate understanding of financial statements and relationship with accounting transactions.
• Strong communication, organizational and people skills are needed. High ethical standards.
• Strong analytical and business skills including the ability to grasp the ''big picture'' while also maintaining a strong detail orientation
• Proficiency in Excel