The primary responsibility of this role as part of the Record to Report team based in Warsaw is to manage quality services to Discovery Group entities, securing company assets by applying tight controls in the financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information and timely reporting of balances.
Reporting into the Manager, Record to Report, this individual will be primarily responsible for:
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus and escalates exceptions
• Interacts proactively with all functional areas of the GBS WARSAW to ensure appropriate accounting and financial reporting matters is accomplished
• Coordinates with local entities, GBS Warsaw and outsourced activities to provide a seamless service
• Proactively challenges the Status Quo and comes up with making fact based recommendations
• Supports continuous improvements and process changes towards efficient and effective processes
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, including accounting authorities/auditors
• Supports the measurement and delivery of service levels and SLA/KPI targets
• Actively leads and/or performs the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws and Discovery required standards
• Leads and manages the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensures timely resolution and cleans of overdue items identified
• Ensures proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved
• Proactively reviews accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data
• Ensures proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems
• Reviews and/or records requested company cross-charges and manual journal entries including proper documentation
• Ensures all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented
• Ensures compliance with Discovery and regulatory requirements
• Ensures application of agreed Discovery control procedures and actively supports to deliver SOX certification
• Promotes a strong and control environment, follows up on audit issues and implements correcting measures
• Acts service oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and contributes to derive to improvements/standard solutions while cultivating customer service focus culture
• min. 2 years of RTR/GL department is a must
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field (accounting courses will be a plus)
• Very good knowledge of English
• Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines
• Very good teamwork, skills and positive, proactive attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance
• Good understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP
• Experience with enterprise information systems, SAP a strong plus and preferred.
• Superior ability to organize, analyze and concisely present oral and written communication.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Excel in particular.
• High integrity individual. Critical thinker and extremely detail oriented.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g674bj-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.