Senior QA Tester
London, United Kingdom
Discovery Networks is a TV house with a wide spectrum of channels, exciting programs and popular profiles. As content creators in the digital space, Discovery Digital Media continuously leverages our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Dplay is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Part of Discovery Networks, Dplay gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breath taking entertainment to gripping documentaries
The Dplay team is excited to be recruiting for a Senior QA Tester to support the data and analytics team.
• Liaise with the product managers and developers at concept stage to determine testing strategy and coverage
• Determine if the software will perform according to the user request and conform to guidelines
• Assess the impact and risks of new functionality introduced into the system
• Create test cases and data (manual and automated)
• Ensure that adequate test coverage is provided
• Identify defects/ anomalies and investigate their cause. Document and track these defects.
• Recommend improvements or corrections to developers or system analysts
• Document high level user guides and train others in new functionality areas or software tools
• Monitor multiple projects / software changes from concept to release and confirm correct behaviour after release to live
• Contribute to improving the QA process and quality standards
• Evaluate testing tools and software that can be implemented to aid QA and maximize testing coverage
• Take part in scrum team stand ups, sprint planning and task estimation
• Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take any actions forward for continual improvement on the team’s ability to deliver
• Strong experience of Web analytics implementation (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc)
• Experience of using debugging tools such as Charles Debugger and Wireshark
• Understanding of Web and mobile apps testing experience
• Understanding of cross browser/OS test experience
• Working JIRAexperience
• Integration / End to end testexperience
• Ability to coordinate with thirdparty vendors
• Good Attitude towards learning new technologies and good team player
• Computer Science Degree or similar
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.