The Discovery+ Content Marketing team is seeking a Senior Manager, Content Performance Marketing to join our team. The role will oversee creative and content strategy for performance marketing, content strategy for acquiring key audiences, and how key titles are leveraged for acquisition and retention efforts across the entire scope of the discovery+ content offering. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned creative & content marketing manager, and have deep performance marketing experience, with a track record of driving efficient audience acquisition and engagement for streaming content, preferably on an OTT service or a DTC product. They will bring a strong track record of identifying marketing opportunities around key audiences and the right content strategy to acquire them through campaigns that perform across all channels. The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience with marketing acquisition strategy, performance marketing, media buying knowledge, and campaign management skills to support the overall business. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. They will be a passionate, curious, and empathetic leader who can work collaboratively with teams across research, media, content, strategic growth, and creative.
• Serve as a lead marketing team member for performance marketing strategy, audience acquisition campaigns, and content marketing targeted to those audiences.
• Report to the VP, Content Marketing Strategy & Planning, and work closely with the other content marketing teams managing originals, convergence, and global titles.
• Work closely with the media strategies team, content acquisitions teams, research and analytics team, and campaign management team to execute on strategic title priorities.
• Work closely with research, content, and analytics to craft data-driven strategies that guide the campaign direction for all original titles.
• Develop existing talent and hire/onboard junior talent to grow the function.
• Manage relationships with cross functional teams to provide strategic directions for campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other functions, including strategic growth teams, media, campaign management, and brand to ensure audience growth campaigns fit with overall content and growth initiatives.
• Work with campaign management team in strategic direction for audience campaigns, assisting with agency selection, as appropriate
• Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group
• 7-10 years of experience marketing content with a track record specifically in acquisition, retention, streaming, direct-to-consumer products, or key audience marketing campaigns.
• Team collaboration – a track record of working closely and smoothly with cross-functional, high-performing teams with different objectives.
• Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
• Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward
• High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams
• A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nvv6-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.