We are currently recruiting a Senior FP&A Manager to Discovery's Financial Planning & Analysis Center of Excellence - organization that maintains worldwide operations.
FP&A COE is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
• Supporting the month end close process from an FP&A perspective, particularly working closely with SPOC's at Center of Excellence (CoE) to understand month end results and transform this information into insightful commentary to provide the consolidated story for Discovery
• Supporting the monthly forecast close process, including ensuring corporate deadlines are clearly communicated and met, as well as owning and managing the consolidated global model and R&O's. Additionally, understanding and clearly summarizing key findings/variances to support discussions and decision making with the business.
• Assisting in the production of materials for CFO and other executive reviews
• Supporting the quarterly earnings cycle, including preparing the segment bridge summaries of key variances year over year and other analyses to prepare the CFO for the quarterly earnings call, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements (10Q and 10K)
• Supporting the annual budget process, including the design of the consolidated model, the critical review of planning assumptions, and crafting the consolidated story for the Finance Committee
• Developing actionable insights which aim to improve segment and overall Discovery profitability
• Ensure consistency of global financial reporting across reporting systems
• Continuous review and improvement of management information
• Performing ad hoc tasks and reporting related to supporting the CFO
• Manage a team of 2 strong analysts located in Poland, while reporting into a Senior Director in the US
• Deep understanding of reporting dimensions and systems
• 5+ years of working experience preferably with experience in FP&A department
• Fluent in English is a must (spoken and written)
• BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics or quantitative field
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Solid understanding of forecasting and budgeting process
• General accounting knowledge
• Strong MS Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Assured self-starter on relevant projects and work is a plus
• Strong oral and written English communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Exceptional team player who is pro-active and hands-on
• High energy and sense of urgency in completing all tasks, proactive and enthusiastic to streamlining processes
• Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy
• CIMA/ACCA qualified or education in progress desired
• Must have legal right to work
What do we offer?
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization with global exposure
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9p6y-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.