The Senior FP&A BI Systems Analyst will provide key support and guidance to the FP&A Team, act as the main point of contact between the Information Systems Team and functional/technical consultants and will lead new projects independently. As Senior FP&A BI Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for the process of turning data into actionable information by developing them in Business Intelligence tools with visualizations that best correspond to the given subject of the report.
• Engage with finance teams and business partners to identify business requirements and objectives, to develop and update FP&A supporting applications to report and analyze financial and non-financial information
• Proposing and developing innovative and appealing static and interactive data visualisations that best correspond to the given subject of the report
• Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions:
• Identify and create IT solutions to meet reporting and tool needs within Discovery using individual database and programming languages
• Create source codes in programming languages to create tool support for efficient management and use of BI and MIS data
• Automate Discovery reporting processes, development of interfaces between systems/databases
• Development of the presentation layer (e.g. reporting processes, reports) as well as the database layer, enumeration (e.g. report lists, cubes calculation) within the CXO reporting platform, PowerBI and data warehouse
• Adhoc reporting based on e.g. data warehouse, CXO database
• Lead the new reporting/ visualisation projects independently
• Administrate and maintain FP&A reporting/analytics applications as part of business as usual (ie. self-service dashboards)
• Acting as a key point of contact for all data visualisation and reporting issues
• Ensure data quality in the systems based on developed data governance policies and implement them in the organization through a training program
• Responsible for identifying and communicating design and scope issues to the stakeholders
• Conduct design reviews and oversee QA functions for the information delivery applications, including ensuring that system and integration test plans are developed and executed
• Participate in international projects/ tasks in the field of reporting
• Create other technical deliverable artefacts needed for project implementation
• Develop and delivers knowledge transfer to the business users
• Need to be passionate about the business, a self-starter / proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude
• Master Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Maths/ Statistics
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Power BI, CXO), Enterprise Performance Management systems (i.e. EPM) as a co-creator of reports/ queries there as well as SSIS
• Knowledge and application of best practice data visualisation principles
• Experience working with relational databases
• Knowledge of database languages: SQL, t-SQL, MDX
• Knowledge of programming languages: VBA, DAX is nice to have
• Strong analytical and system management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional requirements
• General working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
• Very good English
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Experience in multi-national, multi-currency environment, ideally a US listed company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3o6j-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.