The Senior Director FP&A D+ International plays a key role supporting financial planning, modeling and analytics around Discovery+, Discovery's direct-to-consumer digital product.
Reporting to the SVP D+ Global FP&A, a key focus of this position will be to maximize strategic and financial value for all investments into our direct-to-consumer business, while building a business that will provide meaningful profits in the future through appropriate review and control over expenses.
The position requires a strong FP&A background in a consumer-facing digital business and growth businesses, as well as experience leading in environments characterized by large datasets and the need to generate commercially actionable and deep strategic and financial insights from innovative analytics.
• Work with D+ organization, local business owners and the DTC leadership representing Global Discovery+ FP&A to identify growth opportunities and prepare analytical insightful analysis
• Manage monthly reporting and forecasting process of Discovery+ International as well as being responsible for the budgeting and long-range planning process
• Present month end, forecast and budgeting analysis to D+ senior leadership team
• Constant monitoring of KPI's and operating trends against goals and regularly communicate with senior leadership teams; identify key actions based on KPI's; grow the business and partner with stakeholders at all levels to drive decision making
• Consolidate the global Discovery+ view for month end, forecast, budget and long range planning purposes, creating a global equity story
• Frequently, and under tight deadlines, develop ad hoc models to analyze multiple scenarios
• Key partner with operating teams, regional finance teams, Global Finance, Global Digital and the Corporate FP&A stakeholders to develop standard reporting, presentations, and ad-hoc analysis
• Ensure accuracy of compliance with the businesses accounting principles and processes and where necessary establish new processes
• Assess strategic mid to long term initiatives, and then ensuring decisions of the leadership team are implemented, and results monitored
• Steer the Global FP&A Center of Excellence team to streamline and produce reporting, modeling and data analysis in support of Discovery+
• Build strong working relationships with the Regional CFOs, Corporate FP&A group, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Corporate Development and other adjacent departments
• Bachelor's degree in business, Accounting, Finance as a minimum, MBA plus. Very strong experience in financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills in direct to consumer or media, with a focus in marketing a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to construct long-range revenue, industry- and scenario flow models, develop strategic insights and analytics and present key findings to business leaders and CFO's.
• Adept in creating detailed financial and KPI modeling, scenario analysis and strategic analyses.
• Experience in team leadership.
• Strong analytical capabilities as well as experience in process management.
• Will be a creative thinker, team player who can both lead and participate in cross functional projects.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to work effectively and self-reliant in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving business goals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d58km1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.