This is an exciting opportunity to join the media research team that supports advertising sales efforts for Discovery Inc.'s leading home and lifestyle brands HGTV, Investigation Discovery (ID) Trvl Channel, DIY Network, Magnolia Network, Animal Planet and MotorTrend across all platforms including television, digital and social media.
The Senior Analyst of Ad Sales Research is responsible for learning and leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence in support of advertising sales and marketing initiatives.
With direction from their manager, they will provide research data and insights including audience profiles and trends, as well as competitor, market, and industry intelligence.
Day to day responsibilities will be focused on utilizing various data systems and translating that information into digestible information in excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides, so a high level of comfort with numbers and different computer systems is necessary.
• Partner with ad sales team to produce actionable insights, compelling stories, and persuasive network positioning
• Position networks within the ad sales marketplace
• Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses, and presentations
• Ensure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely
• Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
• Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information and insights
• Familiarity with some media research tools and audience measurement metrics (Examples of relevant systems include Nielsen, Lake5, Star, MRI, Simmons, comScore, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Shareablee, Tubular, Kantar, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
• 2-4 years relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn82ym-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.