Join Discovery's Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team, a cross-platform marketing organization that clients and sales revere for our ability to connect ideas, innovation, and insights to achieve our client's goals and maximize revenue. The Ad Sales Marketing team is responsible for creating exciting advertiser campaigns across Discovery's US networks: Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID, Animal Planet, Magnolia Network, OWN, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, Science Channel & MotorTrend. We are also responsible for promoting Discovery's value to the advertising community through targeted and strategic B2B marketing programs such as advertising, live and virtual events, trade shows, and presentation materials.
We are a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose, and challenges the status quo. This best-in-class strategic marketing team supports the company with marketing initiatives and materials that have the greatest impact on the advertising community, evolving with the needs of our dynamic business.
The Senior Designer will directly support the Ad Sales Creative team in leading the design of various Ad Sales and Marketing projects and business materials, including RFP responses and custom client presentations. This candidate must have previous design experience with a strong focus in motion graphics, presentation design, and print layout, including strong typography and data visualization. The Sr. Designer must be highly organized and possess skills in After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work as a team on time-sensitive and confidential projects while maintaining a calm, team-oriented professional work environment is integral to this position. The Senior Designer will also be expected to manage at least one direct report and assist in the creative development of other designers on the team.
• Work with Ad Sales Design team to conceptualize, design, and deliver materials (Motion graphics, PowerPoint presentations, digital/print projects, e-mail blasts, digital/print invitations, newsletters, executive presentations, etc.)
• Support the Ad Sales Design team as needed
• Lead, coach, and motivate direct report(s)
• Learn project management and approval systems and contribute to work critiques
• Light photo editing/retouching
• Become proficient in cloud-based presentation software tool
• Personality and communication skills to thrive in a team environment
• Keep work consistent and on-brand to meet competing, challenging, and changing deadlines
• Maintain open communication with supervisor and team members at all times
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident
Must submit an online portfolio to apply for this position
• Excellent visual design fundamentals including motion graphics, composition, color theory, typography, concept development and creating information-based graphics
• Expert knowledge and experience with After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and PowerPoint
• Experience in Adobe Premiere and Cinema 4D is a big plus
• Attention to design detail and quality, ability to organize information
• Utilize extensive knowledge of design thinking and leverage knowledge of design and cultural trends
• Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment
• Passion, motivation, and a great work ethic
• Minimum 5 years of professional design experience (cable/broadcast, design, advertising, or entertainment industry experience preferred)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpnk7-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.