Digital Implementation Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Discovery is committed to the development of the next generation of data enriched advertising products across TV, with the development of addressable TV at the heart of that proposition. The ability to deliver targeted 1-1 ads on linear TV is the goal of all major broadcasters and Discovery are engaged in this strategy in several EMEA and Nordics markets. The TV ad market is in a rapid state of evolution and Discovery require a data specialist to oversee data strategy and implementation within our future offer.
We are searching for an innovative, highly capable, results focused Senior Data Strategy Manager to join our team to work on Addressable TV alongside other future-facing ad developments.
The Senior Data Strategy and Advanced Audience Platforms Manager will be responsible for driving the audience data strategy and roadmap for Discovery's advanced advertising product offerings. This role will oversee all functions related to data strategy with a focus on advertising sales monetization, growth and optimization of cross-platform audience, and cultivation and exploitation of first party/third party data.
This is a high-impact role that requires in-depth familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of data sources to measure the effectiveness and ROI of activities and campaigns.
• Lead the data strategy and development for Discovery's EMEA addressable TV and cross-platform advanced advertising products driving strategy across markets and working closely with territories on current and future implementations.
• Work with local markets, EMEA D2C infrastructure and global data/analytics data framework to construct and implement relevant and monetizable attributes for advanced ads products.
• Own data platforms strategy for advanced ads working within current implementations and owning future strategic development for ads.
• Identify new and existing sources of enrichment data to enhance the company's ability to identify and present relevant audience segments– and to attract and retain advertisers.
• Identify and own relationships with key data partners for EMEA such as Experian, Liveramp etc.
• Provide insights and actionable recommendations to improve targeting capabilities for advertisers' data driven campaigns. Ensure all deliverables are completed reliably, accurately and on time.
• Work with local markets to deliver post campaign reporting on data enriched campaigns and presentations with results, insights, attribution etc.
• Work closely with Advanced Ads leadership, local and international Ad Sales departments, Research, and Digital to drive the Ad Sales data roadmap and the development and execution of new data-driven marketplace offerings.
• Use advanced analytics methodologies to help design and implement tools to analyse and model data sets for ad sales optimisations, ensuring optimal inventory yield in new advanced advertising products.
• Engage directly with clients on large data deals and cross-functional engagement to build and foster usage of data for audience growth.
• Collaborate with technical counterparts to ensure proper delivery, storage and usage of data environment.
• Relevant experience in data strategy and implementation and related software tools.
• Degree in business management, statistics or analytics preferred.
• Deep understanding of media, television and digital marketplaces.
• Deep knowledge of data sources and vendor capabilities.
• Working knowledge of ad/mar tech preferred.
• Strong cross functional background in building relationships across teams and functions.
• Strong technical understanding of data management targeting capabilities and platforms.
• Strong project management and communications skills along with demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse projects simultaneously. Proven record of delivery.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.