The Insights & Analytics APAC Hub delivers actionable and accessible insights about Discovery's products, content and consumers, which enables data-lead decision making that drives profitable growth in subscribers, audience, and revenue.
The Data & Reporting Analyst role will be responsible for building reports and dashboards, maintaining data flows across multiple data sources, and supporting the APAC Insights team with data outputs to empower data-lead decision making.
The ideal candidate is an experienced report builder who enjoys building solutions from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. This position will be integral in activities related to the design, implementation, automation, and maintenance of our digital transformation journey.
Reporting and Dashboard development
• Work with the Data Transformation Manager on reporting and dashboard strategies to create scalable reporting and insights solutions for the APAC business
• Communicate with non-technical business users to determine specific business requirements for reports and BI solutions
• Support the APAC Insights team with data outputs and reporting requirements for regular/ad-hoc queries to empower data-lead decision making
• Create reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics
• Work with international data and insights team to ensure accuracy and consistency in both methodologies and reporting of data
Data integration and ETL data pipeline
• Work with the Data Transformation Manager to design the data model and build the data pipeline required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from internal and external data sources
• Identify and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
• Build processes and documents supporting data ETL, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• Work with global IT team and/or third-party vendors for database maintenance such as database troubleshooting, security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
• Manage database access for APAC Insights Team
• Set and enforce standards and controls
• Detail oriented
• Take initiative and be innovative
• Problem solving
• Resourceful and agile
• Consumer obsessed
• 3 or more years of hands-on experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau
• A strong understanding of SQL, Python and data integration tools such as Alteryx, Infomatica, IBM Data Stage, AWS Glue
• Experience working with and maintaining automated ETL processes and developing BI reports and dashboards
• Successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disconnected datasets
• Excellent communication and business-facing skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders
• Knowledge of media & entertainment industry is highly valued, especially experience with D2C products and media data
• Fluent in English, any additional Asian language is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n990-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.