The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is a critical technical role responsible for ensuring the secure design and implementation of Discovery enterprise architecture to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs. This candidate will be expected to conduct security research, planning, execution and maintenance of cyber security tools and functions. Additional tasks will include, but not be limited to network monitoring, endpoint detection and a proactive approach to preventing cyber-attacks across the Discovery networks infrastructure. The candidate should demonstrate extensive knowledge of all common business-related IT functions, be able to identify potential online security risks, be proficient at preparing detailed training procedures, have a solid understanding of various security software applications, a strong work ethic and excellent internal and external communications skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Maintain and enhance cybersecurity tools and ensure full adoptions and peak operational performance.
• As part of a team, ensure the adoption of security architecture and engineering initiatives in order to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs.
• Collaborate with our corporate functions including Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Privacy, and Sourcing to ensure that Discovery maintains a strong cybersecurity posture.
• Respond to cyber incidents, as escalated by the SOC and TOC.
• Evolve SOC run-books and SOPs through constant feedback and iterative improvement.
• Identify security vulnerabilities and guide developers and engineers in addressing these issues
• Improve architectural adoption through automation and efficiently use security tools to solve challenges at scale
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or comparable previous technical experience, specifically security architecture or engineering experience.
• Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
• 5+ years of progressive experience with increasing responsibilities within a security operations, engineering or architecture environment
• Proven experience collecting and disseminating customer and engineering requirements and architecting them into robust security solutions
• Hands-on technical experience with SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage
• Hands-on technical experience with cloud native, container, and application security concepts and challenges
• Hands-on technical experience with SOAR Platforms and the concepts of runbooks and automation
• Working knowledge of network TCP/IP protocols
• Demonstrated ability to explain risks of threat, advantages of monitoring and SIEM to both technical and non-technical audiences
• High degree of familiarity with all aspects of the incident response lifecycle
• Strong influencing skills to include negotiation, problem solving, and conflict resolution
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced organization
• The ability to conduct complex technical conversations in English is required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8z2j-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.