Responsible for the overall creative supervision and direction. This role will sit in Brand Marketing team. The role is required to undertake high volume of design work.
Creative briefs: Listens and responds to a brief, understanding where/if there are gaps, knows what questions to ask during a briefing session in order to act upon it and understands how to respond to a brief. Develops insights from Strategy team into a compelling creative output. Idea generation: Plays an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with creative directors/managers to conceptualize world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Communicates ideas and thoughts.
Copy writing: Crafts eye-catching and persuasive copy to spark and maintain consumer interest with a thorough appreciation of the medium. Knows how to author and adapt copy for Social Media with a keen understanding of each channel (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter).
Creating award entries and case studies: Contributes to the creation of award entries and case studies.
Editing and translation supervising: Able to refine and edit internal/ third-party/brand copy to fit new mediums while maintaining the original and desired sentiment and supervises translation of original copy in all languages.
Copywriting craft skills: Writes compelling, beautifully constructed copy for a variety of clients, audiences, and mediums. Able to respond positively to feedback from client and re-draft copy (while retaining its impact) to meet their comments. Demonstrates exceptional grammar and spelling skills, even under tight deadlines.
Scriptwriting and storyboarding: Able to write scripts for film, animation or moving image content or concepts, and work with designers to produce clear storyboards that communicate an idea. Able to craft voiceover texts that are fluid and natural. Style guide adherence and creation: Able to interpret, follow, define a brand and tone-of-voice guidelines.
- 2-4 years experience as copywriter.
- Digital background/experience is a must, has already managed digital camp;aigns and knows how to talk digital.
- Social media &, digital perceptiveness: needs to have his finger on the pulse, so that copy is relevant and modern, digital proof, and understand how people will react to their writing.
- Good understanding and experience of digital media.
- Experience in advertising, journalism or web editing is valuable.
- A degree, or similar, in English Language, Advertising Communication or other writing-related course preferred.
- Creative, innovative, determined, persuasive with a deep love for storytelling.
- Good understanding of the multimedia production ecosystem/process
- Team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with members of cross functional teams
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.