As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are always looking for top engineering talent whose deep technical chops and problem-solving skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Our team builds the user experiences for our global streaming video platform (OTT) applications on Web, Android, FireTV, Android TV, iOS, tvOS & Roku. If you delight in delivering high-quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected TVs applications to millions of customers, then this is the Discovery team for you.
We are hiring Software Development Engineers(SDEs) with experience in building high-performance, high quality, stable, scalable Android or iOS applications.
Below are some of the requirements we consider for our mobile SDE roles. Apply to learn more.
• 5+ years engineering contributor Mobile apps development experience.
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance tuning) or with modern DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring.
• Deep understanding of Kotlin or Swift and experience shipping iOS/Android applications
• Experience building modular apps with principles such as TDD, dependency injection & automated testing.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud) is a plus.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnovx-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.