New York, NY
Collaborates with Scheduling team to develop and execute Food network scheduling strategies for linear and discovery +, supports the tracking, delivery and windowing of global premieres, oversees Cooking Channel schedule, and serves as liaison to IT for scheduling and reporting priorities.
• Collaborate on strategic scheduling of Food Network and Cooking Channel content for linear and discovery +, including creative use of available content across dayparts and platforms, as well as episodic scheduling.
• Primary responsibility for day-to-day operations of linear program schedule, schedule entry and maintenance in Broadview, break format creation, inventory updates and process management.
• Oversee all aspects of scheduling Cooking Channel to maximize ratings and revenue.
• Support team in gathering, entering and disseminating scheduling materials. Answer programming and scheduling questions for internal departments.
• Update and maintain all program inventory and metadata information (titles, episodes, descriptions and parental ratings) in Deal and Metadata Dashboard.
• Serve as content operations expert on processes related to linear and discovery+ content scheduling, and windowing and inventory systems (Broadview, PDS, Deal). Document best practices and liaise with IT on pending enhancements, business priorities and UATs.
• Act as Department contact for listings (both for network websites and via listings agencies).
• Track Ad Sales Marketing sponsorship requests for Food Network.
• Analyze and report on competitive landscape for all of television as it relates to Network and discovery+ schedule. Stay informed on emerging platforms and content strategies.
• Implements assigned duties independently with periodic guidance from management.
• Mentors and trains junior members of the staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• College degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
• Enthusiastic fan of TV and knowledgeable in social media.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
#scheduling #scheduler #programming
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Analysis and troubleshooting skills as they relate to scheduling.
• Extreme attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of video/media production and/or processing.
• Strong communication skills.
• PC background; experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Windows and G-Suite.
• Experience with entertainment scheduling systems a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z8o0-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.