Working within the Network Scheduling Team in the Network Originating Services Department, this role will be responsible for the break optimisation and presentation scheduling across our portfolio of Eurosport, and semi sport/entertainment channels in the Nordic Region. It involves liaising with the Programme Planning Team, Sport, Sales and Marketing Departments as well as the in-house Content Operations, Preview and Compliance, Live On-Air Team and Transmission Teams to ensure the delivery of fully optimised, editorially sound and compliant playlists.
• Preparing mid-term programme schedules, ensuring these are accurate for press release. Break modelling, optimizing on–air and commercial time in accordance with inventory and marketing strategy. Preparing live sport break structure following running orders, Sport Department guidelines and commercial/promotional inventory while keeping the desired programme start times set out by the Programme Planning Department and ensuring continuity.
• Support scheduling of live sport broadcasts including provision of contingency playlists. Ensure break pattern is matching the sport format, and all information related to the live broadcast has been passed on, air-look is correctly scheduled and commercial/promotional inventory is optimised.
• Import and update external Eurosport program grids. Plan and schedule local windows in cooperation with Sport Production and Programme Planning Departments. Prepare long term programme schedule, ensuring programme grid is accurate and current for press release.
• Assessing and optimising airtime in accordance with inventory needs and regulatory restrictions, assess and adjust as required in cooperation with the Sales Team and Sports Department for local broadcast windows and keep pan feed window durations in accordance with latest programme grid. Assessing and optimising commercial time for local and pan feed windows in accordance with sport structure and break requirements.
• Being reactive to changes in programme content, sport rights and repeats of live events, adjusting the schedules accordingly. Execute playlist updates and manual changes in accordance with set procedures ensuring broadcast reliability.
• Daily on-air scheduling, liaising with in-territory and UK departments to ensure a fully optimised and compliant playlist.
• Providing assistance to the Live Team with information about the sport, setup decided in territory, and contingency scenarios as required by various type of sports broadcasted on the channels
• Schedule on-air look in accordance with channel and slot branding. Schedule special placement graphics, such as legal required graphics or commercial graphics.
• Liaising with Content, Previewing and Transmission Teams to follow up technical issues related to scheduled material such as commercials, programmes, trailers and subtitles in running playlists or scheduled for immediate broadcast.
• Assist in the testing and implementation of new software development, upgrades and workflows as required by the Management Team.
• Assist and support other teams within the Programming Department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in free to air/commercial on-air scheduling. Candidates with experience considered to be equivalent may be considered.
• Great understanding of sport & live broadcast is a must
• Good knowledge of the scheduling system What's On or equivalent system.
• An understanding of the end to end broadcast chain.
• Good knowledge of break optimisation and marketing strategies
• Experience with local Nordics broadcast regulators is a benefit but not a must.
• Knowledge of the BLM, CSA & other European Regulatory bodies
• Strong communication skills
• Self-starter, highly motivated and a good team player
• Capable of decision making and maintaining high performance while working under pressure
• Great organisation skills with outstanding attention to details
• Proficient in Office Microsoft package and Good IT skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo22j-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.