The primary responsibility of this role as part of the Record to Report team based in Warsaw is to
deliver quality accounting services for selected EMEA Discovery entities. Key aspects of this role are
related to transactions processing, reconciliation & analysis and applying SOX controls in fulfilling daily
and periodic quality requirements. Results of the individual work must result in accurate and timely
month end close and financial information for key customers within Organization.
• Processing of recurring and ad-hoc General Ledger transactions in SAP, that can include Journal Entries
• Performing periodic Account Reconciliations ensuring completeness and quality of Balance Sheet for selected EMEA entities and group of accounts e.g. Accruals, Prepayments, Banks
• Follow-up and resolution of any Reconciling Differences or Intercompany imbalances
• Actively supporting month-end close activities and always challenging poor quality
• Providing Month End BS and P&L trend analysis commentary for Controllership
• Ensuring all accounting activity is properly documented and supported in accordance with SOX controls and Discovery policies
• Assisting with internal and external financial and compliance Audits, including SOX
• Ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information as requested by Senior Manager
• Supporting other Record to Report team members and proposing improvements
• Partnering with other Teams e.g. P2P, Treasury, FP&A, Controllership, FDs, VAT, Payroll
• Minimum 2 years of RTR/GL on the job experience
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Ability to work both independently as a specialist as well as a Team Player
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field (accounting courses will be a plus)
• Very good knowledge of English
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw6j3-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.