FP&A Reporting Analyst
As a key contributor to the Discovery Revenue Accounting team you will report into our Revenue Manager supporting the revenue accounting function in Discovery EMEA.
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for the whole EMEA including standard and non-standard deals at Discovery. The goal is to provide services revenue accounting in a effective, holistic and compliant way to meet the needs of our stakeholders including global Discovery Management and external Discovery stakeholders.
We are developing world-wide digital services and we are looking for someone who would like to be part of it, part of digital world in Discovery! Someone who will ensure together with the colleagues from Revenue Accounting Team that revenue figures give true and fair view of Discovery Group financial position in the world!
• Manage the tasks and processes within revenue accounting area.
• Review digital/linear revenue related contracts as needed to determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies.
• Provide clear direction of revenue recognition implications of the new and/or non-standard deal terms.
• IFRS revenue recognition knowledge – a plus
• Coordinate independent technical accounting research and document conclusions.
• Monitor day-to-day, month and quarter end close activities (revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting) to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period.
• Ensure monthly accounting entries and processes are strictly adhered to.
• Review monthly digital and linear revenue accrual calculations to ensure accuracy.
• Review monthly journal entries related to digital and linear ad sales.
• Drive improvements and develop automation of daily/monthly standard tasks in revenue (accounting) processes and workflows.
• Assist with the continuous review of revenue systems and business processes related to SAP and associated revenue systems.
• Perform digital/linear revenue related balance sheet account reviews and reconciliations.
• Prepare/review management reports including applicable revenue-related analyses and metrics.
• Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
• Review all SOX and financial compliance processes for revenue accounting.
• Prepare SOX related documentation and perform and document testing activities.
• Serve as the Digital and Linear Revenue Accounting lead.
• Cultivate strong internal partnerships with business unit personnel
• Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested to ensure the correctness and completeness within agreed timeline.
• Ability to utilize principles of analytical scientific reasoning to describe problems, obtain data, validate facts, and fashion logical conclusions
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 5 - 10 years of revenue accounting experience as supervisor or team lead in international environment.
• Strong problem solving skills is a must
• Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
• Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred),
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PC skills
• Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
• Very good written and spoken English is a must
• Results oriented, strong attention to details, accuracy, timeliness as well as strong organizational skills is a must
• Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
• Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
• Proven ability to assess new challenges, identify areas for improvements, articulate action plans to management and follow through to implementation.
• Ability to deal with conflicts and present ''can do'' attitude
• Experience in creating financial and other data models a plus
• Must have the legal right to work
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.