Mexico City, Mexico
1. Provide a quality design, product development and approval service for the consumer products licensing team and our agents based throughout Latin America.
2. Ensure product development runs smoothly and achieves production deadlines, maintaining a high degree of brand integrity, commercial competitiveness and quality.
3. Understand the strategic brand direction and ensure its application to the submitted designs. Contribute regularly to the discussions that create the category strategy, providing the creative component.
4. Collaborate, or oversee the development of regional style guides in conjunction with the creative director, brand and category team. Including all elements needed for Latin America developments.
5. Source licensees with necessary program assets, such as style guides, character art, scripts, footage, marketing materials etc., by working with creative, third parties and other divisions to collect and distribute these items.
6. Review each product submission to make sure that there is a valid contract to cover it by territory, property and subcategory.
7. Provide creative support for our licensees and category team in terms of product
mock-ups, sales support materials and trade show creative as directed.
8. Ensure that all trademark and copyright issues are resolved to cover products to be developed.
9. Oversee that licensees supply their final product samples to internal or external parties.
10. Be responsible for the local creative budget and the raising of POs for external vendors.
* Bachelor´s in arts degree or equivalent in technical College in a related field (Industrial / Graphic design), or 5 years directly related experience at a licensee or licensor
* Broad level of knowledge specific to creative concepts and design with an interest in toys, licensing and kids entertainment.
* Team player able to work autonomously and to deadlines.
* Extensive knowledge of manufacturing process would be desirable.
* Strong negotiator, highly detail-oriented, self-starter, motivated and proactive.
* Solid presentation and communication skills.
* Good computer skills (Adobe Creative suite, Microsoft programs).
* Bi-lingual with good knowledge of English essential.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.