Discovery along with the rest of the media industry is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in the form of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms. They key to delivering dozens of products globally is a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building the products such as Discovery Plus, Discovery GO (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, HGTV, MotorTrend), Eurosport, GolfTV, DPlay, and many others. This DTC platform will power the digital transformation of Discovery & enable the future of interactive & personalized video experiences for global audiences spanning 220 countries.
The QAM III Execution will help to build, develop, and inspire the Global QA Execution teams that span development, execution and reporting on various test activities as it relates to the Global Discovery+ product. They will be responsible for supporting technology, tools, automation initiatives as it relates to QA activities working with Frontend Client and Backend service teams spread across US / EMEA / APAC teams. The QA Execution team works closely with the QA Automation team to consume the QA-aaS pipeline and drive improvements to QA automation activities as we scale our global platform.
The ideal candidate has an established track record of building great QA teams. You know how to establish a team's identity and how to define the way in which that team works within a larger organization. You have mastered the ability to delegate – at both the task and project level – to appropriate team members and are able to ensure that the right results are achieved even without your constant oversight. You are a leader that people turn to when they want to build something new as you can align with company priorities and processes, or even create new ones when necessary.
• Successful track record of instrumenting tools, automation and processes at scale for frontend and backend QA activities (Unit, Integration, User journey, Load, payment, regression testing)
• Understanding of QA automation workflows, CICD release pipelines, test environments across multiple products and release within an agile development framework
• Experience of working with frontend (iOS, Android, Web, Roku, CTV) and backend engineering and QA teams to coordinate dependencies and release planning preferably in OTT video market segment
• Experience using various tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
• Experience working with DevOps teams to drive improvements in Release Tools pipeline for automated tracking and reporting on release artifacts : JIRA items, sprint scope, bug report, test report, release notes.
• Coordinate and track 3rd party releases and ensure releases do not conflict with other releases and events
• AWS, Selenium, Watir, Testrail, Apache test tools, cucumber, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, CircleCi, Appium, and Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
• 6+ years of experience in building and growing a distributed team of quality assurance engineers with strong skills in test case development, test automation, test case optimization, load test execution, and test result reporting.
• Proven ability to hire top talent and develop team members into roles of greater responsibility.
• 3+ years experience in large scale global product launches through a scalable automated release pipeline workflow leveraging CICD workflows and QA automation workflows.
• You have the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
• You have strong written communication, problem solving, process management, cross-team collaboration and high customer empathy
• Strive in a culture of innovation – always exploring ways to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone
• You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp105e-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.