Partner Development Manager
Reporting to the Head of Content, Production & Channels ANZ, the main focus in this role will be to create, curate and implement 'must see' linear and digital schedules across the Discovery portfolio that achieve the network ratings and commercial targets. Content strategies must successfully align the channels to their intended brand positioning and core audience, as well as reaching out to attract new viewers.
• Grow channel ratings and brand awareness across a number of new and existing digital platforms
• Create contemporary, on brand and high rating content schedules across Linear & Digital platforms
• Preview and identify 3rd party content for Living Channel that is in line with the channel's positioning
• Liaise with internal adsales stakeholders to create program sponsorship opportunities around key content stunts and events
• Analyse ratings on a daily and seasonal basis to understand channel performance and then formulating strategic proposals to increase ratings and market position
• Liaise with the international Programming and Business and Legal teams to ensure key content is delivered as required in line with contractual obligations, telecast plans and existing delivery deadlines
• Identifying publicity opportunities and work with the ANZ Marketing and Communications teams to successfully leverage the content for robust ratings, interest in and awareness of the channels and programming
• Drive awareness of the channels brand and content through the creation and curation of monthly VOD schedules for NZ affiliates
• Communicate with Media Planning key platform priorities
Prepare and distribute program information
• Oversee the delivery of program information to SKY NZ & Fetch AU including listings (EPG), changes to listings and unusual notices.
• Oversee the formatting, updating and distribution of digital (on demand) schedules for affiliates in ANZ
Management of Program Licensing agreements
• Manage the FTA Program rights, including providing avails & facilitating delivery inline with contractual agreements
• Maintain and foster ongoing relationships with distributors to ensure optimal acquisition opportunities and up to date market knowledge.
• Present monthly television and platform trends, consumer viewing patterns and impacts of new technology to market to DNAP management.
These are 'must' for the role
• NCEA or equivalent
• Degree in media or communications an advantage
• Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word
• An expert across digital content platforms
• A strong understanding of the core principles required for content curation
• An intuitive ability to relate to a channel's core demo and be able to curate content that meet viewer habits and expectations
• Availity to deal with enquiries from affiliates, media and general public
• Ability to learn in-house computer systems
• General IT knowledge
• Proficient with IBMS
• Degree in Media. 6 – 8 years Television content experience
• Punctual and efficient
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Positive, diplomatic, pragmatic and enthusiastic
• Personable, sense of humour, able to take feedback and instruction
• Strong team player with the ability to work in a small team
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.