Executive Ad Sales
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
Context of the role
Discovery India, the country's largest and most successful real-life entertainment player spanning categories such as Adventure, Travel, Food, Auto, Wildlife has launched Discovery Plus, a direct to consumer mobile product that showcases all the Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC content among other channels.
In the context of the rapidly evolving media and entertainment sector, the product plays a central role in shaping our advertising and affiliate business going forward.
The app also houses new content from Discovery's latest acquisition the Scripps Network with channels such as Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel as well as locally produced original content. The product launched across web and mobile (iOS, Android, PWA) and connected devices phased over a 12-month period.
• Ownership of the end-to-end programming for long and short form content
• Ability to understand historical data and local/global content trends to create effective daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly rollout plans
• Working with content distributors to identify and secure the best in the business to suit discovery+ India's growing library
• Managing front-end content scheduling operations with international delivery platform partners
• Working closely with marketing and performance leads to highlight key promotables
Skills & Requirements
• Hands on experience of 7-8 years in programming for linear/digital platforms
• Prior experience of working with content distributors and/or deeply involved in acquisition curation process an advantage
• A strong understanding of content management systems, content workflows, online publishing platforms and media technology
• Prior experience in an OTT team an advantage
• Should have the ability to balance and lead multiple projects
• Self-confident self-starter – proactive in setting and meeting goals, with limited supervision
• Sound understanding of the digital landscape and latest developments in digital
• Clear and contagious passion for product and consumer needs
• High energy and positive attitude; can deal with ambiguity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.