London, United Kingdom
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery-owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Dplay, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are seeking a passionate, committed individual to join our Central PMO team and head up our administrative function. The successful candidate will have exemplary communication (written and verbal) skills, strong organizational skills, and hands-on documentation/project management experience. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge and provide mentoring to others. This position will appeal to an individual who is obsessed with best practice and standards and someone who demonstrates quality and attention to detail in everything you do.
• Manage the Central PMO, a new administrative team (3+) supporting the wider DTC program delivery team.
• Implementing Best Practice - maintain the existing best practice library of tools and templates ensuring these are well utilized and developed across the teams. The PMO Manager will continue to evolve these documents in line with best practices and providing coaching on usage across the program teams.
• Tracking and Reporting - ensure consistency of reporting, risk and issue and dependency identification and management and change control. Provide quality assurance and best practice adherence.
• Information management - the creation and management of the information management strategy and plan for all key documentation relating to business change programs and strategic planning, ensuring correct storage and access are provided.
• Program Assurance - support the program management team by conducting independent health checks on programs and usage of best practice tools and techniques.
• Administrative tasks - support the PMO including recording minutes and tracking actions of key governance sessions, collating status reports, etc
• Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between program teams.
• Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the program teams.
Key Skills and Experience
• Previous experience in a PMO Lead/Manager capacity is essential
• Demonstrable understanding of PMO governance and functions
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship, mentoring, and communication skills, able to collaborate and partner with all areas of business.
• Ability to extract key messages, understand what is important to the program and the executive audience whilst delivering appropriate written and verbal communication
• Your project experience should include the design, planning, governance and implementation of a program as well as tools and techniques for issues and risk management, decision making and reporting within the rigour of a PMO
• Excellent stakeholder management and proven ability to deal professionally with senior management.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate and partner across the Dplay and build an internal as well as external network.
• Experience in influencing others to adhere to project life cycle and production of required documentation
• Experience working within a fast-paced changing and at times ambiguous environment
• Demonstrate quality and attention to detail in everything you do
• Pride yourself on your strong communication skills, both written and oral
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.