As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery-owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, discovery+, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are seeking passionate, committed individuals to join our global PMO team. The successful candidate will have exemplary communication (written and verbal) skills, strong organizational skills, and hands-on documentation/project management experience. This position will appeal to an individual who is excited by new product development and thrives in uncertainty, whilst seeking to shape Project Management practices that reduce ambiguity over time.
As a Program Manager in the Central PMO Team you will work across both the PMO and our Program Delivery workstreams supporting the following crucial areas:
• Support the PMO Manager in launching new PMO initiatives and helping to manage change across tools and processes
• Provide training in project and program management best practices across the DTC teams
• Supporting and advising Delivery Teams in their adoption and implementation of Project and Program best practices
• Support the PMO Manager in the day-to-day running of the PMO. This may include all or part of the following:
• Collating status reports
• Facilitating Program Meetings and PMO workshops
• Documentation and configuration management
• Maintaining and improving templates and artifacts
• Recording minutes and tracking actions of key governance sessions
• General Administrative tasks to support the department including but not limited to: Recruitment, Timesheeting, Shared Calendar, Training, Financial Management, Maintenance of DLs, Org charts
• Managing projects/subprograms contributing to your team's success in the PMO. This may include all or part of the following:
• Defining and organising project timelines, work plans and monitoring responsibilities for delivery
• Securing commitments and coordinating activities across multiple teams and territories in line with the project plan
• Managing risks and issues, driving resolution of complex problems with simple and straightforward solutions, escalating when appropriate
• Ensuring that projects and program deliverables are shipped successfully and on time
• Providing reports on project/program status to the PMO Manager and Senior Program Manager(s)
• Maintaining high standards applying processes, standards and risk management in line with best practices to project and programs, suggesting process enhancements where you see them
• Establishing constructive relationships across all business, product and technology teams
Key Skills and Experience
• Proven experience within a similar Project Manager or Project Administrator/Coordinator position
• Demonstrate quality and attention to detail in everything you do
• Have a 'can do' attitude, will lead by example and be prepared to go the extra mile when needed.
• Be highly organized and have the drive to bring order and structure to the projects' environment you'll be working in.
• Have experience or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent prioritization skills in order to balance key priorities
• Pride yourself on your strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience working within a Media or Technology organization
• Formal project management training
• Experience working with Agile development framework (Scrum / Kanban)
• Experience with Confluence and Jira
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nky9-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.