London, United Kingdom
Programme Manager II (12 Months FTC)
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery-owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, discovery+, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are seeking passionate, committed individuals to join our global PMO team. The successful candidate will have exemplary communication (written and verbal) skills, strong organizational skills, and hands-on documentation/project management experience. This position will appeal to an individual who is excited by new product development and thrives in uncertainty, whilst seeking to shape Project Management practices that reduce ambiguity overtime.
As a PMO Administrator you will support the PMO and our Program Delivery teams across the following crucial areas:
• Recording minutes and tracking actions of key governance sessions
• Collating status reports
• Documentation and configuration management
• Maintaining and improving templates and artifacts
• General Administrative tasks to support the department including but not limited to: Recruitment, Time sheeting, Shared Calendar, Training, Financial Management, Maintenance of DLs, Org charts
Key Skills and Experience
• Proven experience within a similar Administrator or Coordinator position
• Demonstrate quality and attention to detail in everything you do
• Have a 'can do' attitude, will lead by example and be prepared to go the extra mile when needed.
• Be highly organized and have the drive to bring order and structure to the projects' environment you'll be working in.
• Ideally have some experience or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent prioritization skills in order to balance key priorities
• Pride yourself on your strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Formal project management training
• Experience working with Agile development framework (Scrum / Kanban)
• Experience with Confluence and Jira
• Experience working within a Media or Technology organisation
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.