Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Programmatic Yield, the Programmatic Solutions Analyst will play a pivotal role in contributing to Discovery's overall programmatic revenue growth across Discovery's portfolio of digital assets. Will be responsible for the planning, execution, and tracking of programmatic deal activity.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to think strategically while remaining detail oriented, brings simplicity to complex issues, and has a passion for working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
In this cross functional role, the Programmatic Solutions Analyst will work closely with Ad Sales, Inventory/Planning, Ad Technology/Operations, and other external stakeholders to maximize opportunities.
The candidate will have a background in digital video, familiarity with programmatic marketplaces and auction dynamics, and knowledge of streaming technologies and TV-like ecosystems.
• Support Discovery's programmatic sales efforts as a subject matter expert, evangelist and sales resource for pre/post sale activity for convergent sales team-including but not limited to deal set-up, buyer activation, deal monitoring, tracking, and troubleshooting of programmatic guaranteed and PMP campaigns to ensure targets are being met and risks are known at the time of impact.
• Responsible for ad hoc reporting and analysis of deal health, bid insights, lead generation opportunities for internal sales team and broader inventory and yield team
• Measure and optimize the overall health of Discovery's digital ecosystem (TVE, STB VOD, DTC) via daily ad hoc reporting and strategic analyses-including monitoring daily capacity levels across various end points, inventory utilization, supply and demand, pricing, and revenue pacing to highlight monetization opportunities and key levers for driving organizational growth forward
• Liaise with multiple business areas (Ad Tech, Ad Operations, Finance, Ad Sales, Accounting) to define best practices, priorities and needs to optimize programmatic campaigns- Engage regularly with cross-functional teams to manage revenue recognition and internal sales reporting and forecasting
• Review and approve Ad Sales Programmatic deals and campaigns in order management system; ensure accurate pricing and inventory allocation across digital platforms.
• Keep up to date on industry trends and make tactical recommendations to maintain our company's reputation as a thought leader in the digital space.
• A minimum of 2+ years' experience in online media environment with strong working knowledge digital advertising industry
• Bachelor's degree required; must have legal right to work in the United States
• Quick learner, as candidate will require a mastery of our System(s) and processes within a few months of hire
• Comfortable communicating on phone and in email with Sales and Management staff members
• Expert at manipulating, analyzing, and reporting on large data sets using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
• At ease working in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• System Knowledge:
• Strong background with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Digital Ad Servers and Order Management Systems (Operative, FreeWheel, DFP)
• ComScore, Nielsen DAR, MOAT, Google Analytics, and/or other 3rd party measurement platforms
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7mv3-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.