London, United Kingdom
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands. The Global Video Platform for Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), delivers the video and metadata for all our DTC products. Bringing to life, innovating and redefining user engagement with iconic channels our audiences know and love: Eurosport, GCN, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Food Network Kitchen, DGo, DPlay, DPlus India. DTC aims are to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten them through amazing viewing experiences, delivering content both Live and Video on Demand (VOD) to millions of viewers daily.
The Global Video Platform for Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), delivers the video and metadata for all our DTC products. Bringing to life, innovating and redefining user engagement with iconic channels our audiences know and love: Eurosport, GCN, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Food Network Kitchen, DGo, DPlay, DPlus India. DTC aims are to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten them through amazing viewing experiences, delivering content both Live and Video on Demand (VOD) to millions of viewers daily.
The Global Video Platform team is looking for an enthusiastic, detailed orientated Manager of Operations to join and support the DTC team at this exciting time of innovation and growth.
As the Manager of Operations, you will oversee a number of key functions within the DTC Environment, that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the Service Delivery and Operations team to achieve those expectations to the agreed KPIs. This is to provide Service Delivery & Operations Management to a live, bespoke product with a large existing user base. The product is cross platform and global so some travel may be involved.
Operational and Release Management
• Oversee Operational Management process within the GVP Live systems workflow, applying continuous improvement methods
• Own the Release Management process for GVP Live Workflows. Track and oversee all releases and manage a QA team supporting releases and other E2E testing requirements.
• Own and support the incident, change and escalation processes ensure they meet SLA
• Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring methodology, process and procedures are in place and followed. Develop/ maintain operational metrics and KPI’s for the GVP platform
• Work with internationally distributed teams to ensure service escalation processes are in place and maintained.
• Develop team structure of DevOps/ QA to ensure successful day-to-day operations as well as execution of tactical and strategic programs.
Performance and Quality
• Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
• Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service & Release performance.
• Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
• Manage a team responsible for writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites for frontend and backend validation, as well as performing exploratory and complementary manual testing to verify the quality of the software developed by the team.
• Use analytical thinking to investigate suitable root causes for defects, possible edge cases as well as evaluating performance and security considerations.
• Able to deploy process to automate the solution testing as part of the continuous delivery build.
• As part of an agile team and will collaborate closely with developers to ensure the testability and quality of the system.
• To act as a gate for quality on the CI/CD process, ensuring the products that reach production have an excellent level of quality and working with developers on the continuous improvement of that process.
• Demonstrable of operational service delivery within a media or technology company
• Hands on quality assurance or software development
• Desirable experience working in an agile environment (SCRUM, KANBAN, LEAN)
• Experience in analyzing situations, troubleshooting, systems and tools, and problem solving. Detailed oriented.
• A proven track record of testing automation, best practices, nuances and common pitfalls, including testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management and risk management.
• Ability to evidence experience using at least one programming language (Java, Python, .NET, etc) together with automation frameworks to develop automated tests.
• Experience with software automation tools (Appium, Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber or similar)
• Experience with load and performance testing (JMeter, smartmeter.io, etc) and an understanding of load balancing, scalability, resilience and DDOS concepts.
• A good understanding of REST APIs and how to test them both manually and in an automated way and the tools involved in it.
• Experience setting and managing KPIs and SLOs.
• Experience with the Network Management system (NMS), Element Management system (EMS) and CLI interfaces of different network platforms.
• Excellent communications skills:
• Desire to take on extra responsibility and work under own initiative. An eagerness to learn and a proclivity to take ownership for the work produced.
• Demonstratable ability to work well in a matrix environment with internationally based teams (or Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.)
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.