London, United Kingdom
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build apps for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more). This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring project managers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for project management for software teams which gives the organization a competitive edge and improves developer efficiencies. The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having managed software projects in an agile environment (preferably Scrum) for a commercial product launch. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive by unblocking them via tracking dependencies and procuring necessary resources and tools. You will assist senior technical program managers to build schedules and manage day to day scrum activities as well as recurring scrum ceremonies including
• Attend scrum team activities including daily standups, biweekly planning and retrospectives and note actions and minutes. Ensure sprint board hygiene in terms of prioritization, jira status and metadata.
• Provide accurate reporting of sprint progress including both roll up status for the project and sprint velocity and burn down progress.
• Act as a Point of contact for requests from dependent teams and ensure intake requests (jira issues) are filed.
• Unblock scrum teams by managing device requests, dependency tracking, and other related tasks
• Attend status meetings and update status reports and release notes.
• Ensure developers are aware of milestones and track sprint deliveries against pre-defined milestones (code complete, feature complete, integration complete, launch ready)
• Comfortable and experienced in managing projects in an agile environment (preferably Scrum) for native mobile (Android and/or iOS) and web development.
• Accountability of project scope and ensuring completion of projects while maintaining compliance with standard processes, quality, and schedule objectives.
• Estimating, scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and managing software project delivery.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for project management documentation including release notes and project plans.
• Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
• Nice to have: Jenkins, PagerDuty, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.