Discovery's Production Engineering team spearheads many of Discovery's highest priority and cutting-edge technical initiatives. This position on the team will be responsible for the support, configuration, maintenance and design of global post production systems, live events at production facilities, as well as participate in the roll-out of Discovery's cloud initiatives.
• Provide application maintenance and support to various local and remote end users including troubleshooting technology, software, workflows and cloud problems.
• Manage technically complicated projects from start to completion including: design, budget, buildout, documentation and handoff.
• Evaluate new technologies and make educated recommendations regarding technology, software and cloud infrastructure.
• Provide full life-cycle support to end-users' requests for existing and new technology.
• Working with cloud computing including planning, design, management, maintenance, and support.
• Perform mission-critical integrations of cloud apps with on-premise and legacy solutions, enabling connectivity to SaaS and cloud services over secure access methods via traditional and new security protocols.
• Create detailed engineering SOP's for the operation and maintenance of computer systems and workflows.
• A deep understanding of designing and supporting live productions and control rooms.
• The ability to use monitoring tools (Service Now, Asset DB entry, Solarwinds, Splunk, SNMP, Ivanti Heat) working knowledge of NDIs and s upport ticket data entry and tracking.
• Other job duties, responsibilities, and project assignments as assigned.
• Experience in post-production, broadcast, or media industry environments.
• Experience with networking, studios, control rooms, cloud infrastructure/design, editing/audio applications, remote graphics /editing technologies and protocols.
• Knowledge of accelerated media file transfers such as Signiant and Aspera.
• Knowledge of video and audio codecs and frame rates including compression and transcoding solutions.
• Understanding of AWS and Google architectures and methodologies.
• Ability to create, read, and understand technical drawings.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premier, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, Symphony, ProTools, and Resolve.
• Previous work with media asset management systems (MAM/PAM), virtual machines (VMs), transcoding solutions, media archives, security protocols, server administration and project management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28jv5-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.