The LTH Production Coordinator provides logistical and coordination support to the broadcast facility production team based out of the London technical hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Within the role you will supply administration and coordination support to both live gallery teams on production days and the Production facility management team. You will work in partnership with production colleagues to deliver outstanding, sporting content across the Nordics and the UK.
This role will require occasional weekend and evening work as production dictates, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be a requirement to work on location internationally.
• Support the production facility's team in all aspects of event planning and execution of the live broadcast events
• Update and maintain production calendars and staff scheduling software on behalf of the production facility team
• Manage the event calendar to ensure an up to date resource of upcoming events
• Work in conjunction with the Production Facility Manager and Supervisors to maintain and up to date staffing roster, ensuring the adequate levels of cover are in place for holidays, sickness and training
• Flag staffing hot spots early, and escalate when needed.
• Attend daily scheduling meetings to ensure information is communicated across all teams.
• Track and Deliver monthly freelancer cost breakdowns
• Coordinate alongside Facility supervisor best use of staffing resources to support the facility and upcoming client's requests.
• Organise training of new freelancers and onboarding to relevant systems.
• Coordinate logistics including flights, ground transport & accommodation for Production teams when required
• Support internal & external contributors to navigate corporate systems, to ensure smooth workflows on site.
• Support on site gallery teams with ad hoc task requirements during production days.
• Deliver monthly updates on facility utilisation
• Create purchase orders, manage invoice submissions & track payment milestones
• Support with on- boarding of new freelancers on to relevant systems
• Maintain positive working relationship with all suppliers to support Discovery Eurosport's interests
• Actively ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies
• Work collaboratively with other GT&O organisations i.e. MAM, Ingest, Engineering, MCR, Programming, OAP, Preview Team and Transmission ensuring working relationships and communication are of the highest standards
• Actively monitor and seek feedback on performance of the facility and services and promote improvements in customer service
• Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
• Support with the rollout of new system and software developments for the facility
• Promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to support an efficient and effective department.
• Other duties as required
• Experience working in live, multi-sport event production
• A passion for sports and live production
• Strong knowledge relating to television & digital production
• Understand scheduling systems and rostering restrictions.
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Self-motivated & strong problem solving approach required
• Proactive self starter, with a driver enhancing workflows and processes
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Live gallery experience preferable - script supervision / PA experience would be of benefit.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative with confidence
• Strong team player with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire others with solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9pb0-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.