The Discovery Digital team works at the cross-roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people's curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic Director to join our experienced and collaborative in-house Digital Consumer Insights Product team. This is a fantastic opportunity to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders and support a variety of initiatives within the Product vertical. This position will be highly engaged with Product and Design. Your work will span a range of both quantitative and qualitative research such as surveys, focus groups, UX / UI testing, and desk research, and will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – with a focus on the newly launched discovery+ app, this role also supports our suite of TV Everywhere apps (e.g., Discovery GO, TLC GO, HGTV GO) and the Food Network Kitchen App.
If you have a track record and passion for designing, executing, and uncovering insights through custom research and/or usability studies, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team in support of the VP of Digital Consumer Insights; Product and UX Research
At its core, the role of the Director is to ensure that key Product team and business owner stakeholders have the consumer insights they need to make business decisions. This includes:
• Proactively identifying areas where consumer research or input are required
• Recommending and designing appropriate studies or research approaches; working to get stakeholder buy-in/approval
• Executing a range of different types of research studies, as needed to meet project goals
• Writing surveys, discussion guides, and any other material needed to properly launch studies
• Synthesizing and analyzing data collected from surveys, usability testing and other research studies; t ranslating research insights into actionable recommendations and strategic direction
• Managing day-to-day relationships and project logistics with external research partners as needed
• Management and development of additional team members ranging from Analysts to Sr. Project Managers
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years of experience designing, managing and/or executing custom/primary research studies (quantitative research methodologies, survey design, qualitative research methodologies, data analysis)
• Prior experience working closely with a Product team to design and moderate usability studies or other product-specific research
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
• Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and set priorities to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded within tight timelines
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Prior experience working with digital media brands is highly desirable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzynn7-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.