Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs, and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air, and pay–TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Motortrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and discovery+, a premium streaming service for many of Discovery's beloved brands.
Discovery's Direct to Consumer group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
Our team focuses on the technology powering every video ad seen across our streaming products for all of Discovery's networks. We need to make sure we serve the right ad at the right time to the right audience. Our fast-growing business is also a very dynamic one as we launch new products and improve existing ones to keep our viewers around the world happy. Every day is different and never boring.
We're looking for great product thinkers with a passion for video ad technology. Experience in the digital media and ad industry is highly desired.
This role will work with development teams, stakeholders and partners in the US and many other countries. We work on both front-end experiences viewers see when they watch our programs and back-end services powering the delivery of ads.
• Be a technical expert in how our ad technology works
• Collaborate with internal sales, marketing, distribution, analytics, design and other teams to ascertain business needs and provide updates on ad technology
• Propose new ad technology products e.g. something our viewers will see or a new internal tool
• Compose Product Requirement Definition (PRD) documents
• Determine appropriate prioritization for each ad tech feature and maintain the product roadmap
• Monitor ad products for performance and identify opportunities for improvement
• Use database queries, dashboards and other information to gather insight and troubleshoot problems
• Work with software development engineers to implement the product vision
• Partner with third-party vendors to maintain relationships and integrate ad technology
• Understand the latest advertising capabilities of Web and app platforms
• Ensure compliance with regulations for ads and consumer privacy around the world
• Minimum of 6+ years of proven product management experience in technology, media or relevant industries
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, document clear product requirements, implement new features and systems and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks
• Experience bridging technical and non-technical teams
• Experience with digital video ad technology is highly preferred
• Solid understanding of data collection, tracking and data analysis.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of software development processes
• Familiarity with Jira and Confluence (or similar systems)
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA or technical degree a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoqe0-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.