The Direct To Consumer Group is a technology company within the broader Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container- based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks. (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, DPlay, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
Discovery is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team. We are looking for that rare candidate with exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to enforce processes, steer program roadmap and manage multiple projects at one time.
The ideal candidate communicates clearly with both internal and external stakeholders, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, reviews metrics & data, and monitors operations. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter and therefore can drill into business data and research results to identify clear direction and focus for their tasks, projects and programs. They continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
The ideal candidate has had experience working with multiple partners and maintaining partner relationships. They have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. They have experience in project management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
• Have 5 or more years experience with ad tech
• Extensive experience with executing and tracking projects
• A ''fixer'' mentality
• Actively manage interdependencies within the team, across the organization and mitigate resource constraints by faciliating priorization and trade-off discussions.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs.
• You must have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Google or Microsoft Suite of products.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.