About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for the editorial tools, you will be responsible for content management systems and tool capabilities across all Discovery Communications products, supporting key discovery and selection workflows. You will work closely with the Manager of Content Metadata & QA and Senior Manager, Content Operations, and will serve as the key subject matter expert in all areas associated with content management systems. Your diligence will help improve the overall discoverability of Discovery shows across platforms and will play an instrumental role in advancing Discovery's positioning within the rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
At the same time, you're highly motivated, quick to learn the industry and competitive landscape, and know how to leverage your focus on content management systems to deliver exceptional experiences through a deep understanding of user intent. You aren't just incrementally optimizing the current tools and experience – instead, you're constantly verifying that you're solving the underlying customer challenges while keeping tools intuitive.
The Product Manager is responsible for setting a product vision and strategy for the application's editorial tools infrastructure and framework and must work with UX and Engineering counterparts to define, prioritize and build what matters. They must also clearly articulate the business value to cross-functional teams, so they understand the intent behind the roadmap.
• Hands-on leadership style while able to manage teams through product complexities and stakeholders.
• Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
• Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
• Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done.
• Take ownership and initiative with little oversight.
• An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
• Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
• Create and manage product vision and roadmap for editorial tools infrastructure and framework
• Identify customer needs and market requirements
• Evaluate competitive landscape
• Create proposals for new initiatives
• Interface with and prioritize feature requests from internal stakeholders, prospects, and customers
• Partner with Engineering to align on the roadmap and business priorities
• Create user stories and lead all Agile processes during the execution phase
• Provide best practice guidance and support to other projects
• Manage features and dependencies across release, product and support teams
• Be accountable for the quality of feature releases, including adoption and performance metrics, usability, reliability, and other pre-defined success metrics.
• Refine and improve existing metadata workflows. teaming up with editorial copywriters, video distribution specialists, platforms producers, product managers and support teams to proactively address all stakeholder demands and concerns
• 2+ years of experience in Product Management or related technical field
• 1+ years of experience working with CMS technologies
• 1+ years of experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, using data to guide decisions
• Great communication and interpersonal skills that help you build consensus among stakeholders and lead through influence rather than direct hierarchical authority
• Polished presentation skills for internal and external audiences
• The ability to prioritize and create a strategy based upon an understanding of market trends, financial data, customer needs, competitive intel, and product metrics
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o9pv-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.