About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
The Product Manager, Advanced Advertising Products, will help to define and drive the vision, strategy and value for ad product innovation within both current and future product ecosystems and consumer experiences. They sit across the intersection of Sales, Research, Product, Content and Marketing strategies, identifying long-term opportunities and challenges while shepherding shorter-term projects that entertain our members through advanced ad experiences that engage, delight and resonate with new and existing fans of Discovery Communications on devices around the world.
The Product Manager, Advanced Advertising Products must demonstrate a strategic approach to what matters to the business, the sponsors and the consumers with an ability to lead through influence, react appropriately in high pressure situations and have a talent for prioritizing quickly in ambiguity. Responsible for understanding competitive landscape dynamics, sales strategy requirements, specifying product features, platform requirements, data collection requirements and communicating the consumer experience and business opportunities for advertising products available across the Discovery Digital footprint including d+, ATVE, Legacy GO, and all future global digital initiatives and direct-to-consumer apps.
• Hands-on leadership style while able to manage teams through product complexities and stakeholders.
• Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
• Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
• Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done.
• Take ownership and initiative with little oversight.
• An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
• Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
• Prioritize and execute on strategic advertising product development initiatives
• Own the development roadmap for ad products and define future product concepts and innovations
• Build the business case, pro-forma modeling and KPIs for new ad product releases
• Lead the next generation of innovations, and new advertising capabilities across the company
• Leverage data and analytics as a catalyst to transform the organization's understanding of future products and partnerships
• Communicate product strategy, vision, roadmap, opportunity and overall product strategy to stakeholders
• Development of processes to maximize productivity and minimize costs
• Day-to-day management of cross functional and parallel development teams
• Management of third-party and internal resources including NDA, MSA, SOW, budget management, interviewing, contract and rate negotiations, and ensuring compliance to contract termsa
• 2+ years of experience in Product Management or related technical field
• 1+ years of experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, using data to guide decisions
• Great communication and interpersonal skills that help you build consensus among stakeholders and lead through influence rather than direct hierarchical authority
• Polished presentation skills for internal and external audiences
• The ability to prioritize and create a strategy based upon an understanding of market trends, financial data, customer needs, competitive intel, and product metrics
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City