Discovery's Direct-to-Consumer Group
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
The Product Manager is an expert in payments and payment types for Direct-to-Consumer services across multiple platforms including Direct Billed web platforms and In App Purchase experiences across Mobile and Connected TV platforms. They will focus on optimising and enhancing payments performance for new and existing customers and have a keen eye for identifying pain points and minimising friction for consumers.
The ideal candidate has domain experience in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and has experience in working at large scale. Experience in video streaming services is desirable.
The Product Manager will be a bridge between our Product, Technology and Finance & Tax teams.
• Lead workstreams within the global product team, working across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Manage and improve the payment success rate performance across multiple platforms (Direct Billed web, In App Purchase across mobile and Connected TV, Instant Payments).
• Ensure tax is being remitted correctly across multiple global territories and revenue is being correctly recognised.
• Own payments reporting.
• Develop global requirements for Payment Types, Payment Journeys, Revenue Recognition and Tax.
• Work with the Director to identify initiatives: Communicate a clear set of consumer and commercial needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization. Secure roadmap slots, define requirements and specify features.
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (global and in territory) along with contractual obligations with platform partners and payment processors.
• Partner with the Product, Technology, Finance & Tax organizations to develop additional capabilities across the Payments workstream.
• Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Pipeline reporting
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes
• Identify bugs, report them and work closely with Technical teams on their resolution
• 2+ years of Payments experience as a product manager/business analyst or payments technical lead. Understands payments and tax and can show a strong delivery track record.
• Strong understanding of payment types, reporting, finance and tax issues and e-commerce.
• Experience in reporting, generating business insights and using Analytics toolsets.
• Can show experience in working on high impact programmes of work with significant KPIs/business impact.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a ''can do'' way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Interested in taking initiatives and lead on projects, shows ambition to grow the area
• Good communicator, with experience of working with business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA).
• Previous experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment.
• Previous experience in the payments area and functional knowledge of related technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight.
• Must be willing to travel as required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k0x5-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.