Product Designer (VX)
The Discovery Digital/DTC team works at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences on digital and streaming platforms in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. Our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people's curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery is looking for a Product Designer to join our experienced and collaborative Direct-to-Consumer Lifestyles Product Group - which includes exciting brands such as Magnolia, Food Network, HGTV, TLC and more. This role will focus primarily on the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines. In this role you'll help create delightful, cross-platform experiences to improve the lives of Magnolia fans. This role will execute projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You'll utilize a full range of skills including user experience design, user interface design, interaction design, prototyping and visual design to bring these experiences to life.
• Understand the Magnolia fans and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from their perspective.
• Create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with and are incredibly easy-to-use.
• Design experiences and interactions that are simple and elegant across various platforms, leveraging customer insights, data and user research.
• Think systematically; streamline interaction patterns across the product yet optimize for each platform.
• Produce high fidelity prototypes and highlight reels
• Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to help shape the user experience
• Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision. Not just how it should look, but what should be built.
• Ensure quality of experience achieves our standards of quality, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise
• Champion design work to senior leadership for review and feedback.
• Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, editorial and content teams to oversee the experience of a product from concept until launch.
• Be autonomous. You crave accountability, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
• You've shipped many consumer products over the years, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
• You have experience working with a cross-functional team across product, engineering, business and marketing to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
• You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
• You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
• You're comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is valued.
Additional Job Requirements
Must love story-telling; an emphasis on family, home, lifestyle brands a plus
Lead multiple UX projects independently to drive end-to-end feature experience work
Must have an online portfolio
• Working knowledge of Figma, Zeplin, Photoshop & Adobe CS required
• Working experience with Principle, After Effects or related prototype, motion, video software is important
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwy5my-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.