New York, NY
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
The Producer, DTC is responsible for curating, programming and publishing content to Discovery's direct to consumer experiences. The Producer, DTC will be responsible for curating digital experiences to drive engagement and awareness. Additionally, the Producer, DTC will aid in the translation and language versioning of the discovery+ app.
They will represent the DTC team at meetings and work closely with GO producers, network & original programming, acquisitions, and marketing/social teams to ensure that the DTC experiences extend the brand. The Producer will need to present to consumers a coherent message that is in sync with product stakeholders while providing a highly sticky experience that drives engagement and revenue.
• You have a creative programming eye coupled with a data-driven approach
• Expertise in building and executing content curation and content mix development strategies
• Collaborative wit the ability to develop strong working relationships and build consensus across functions
• Savvy in working with executive-level stakeholders
• Fluent in written and spoken French ( Québécois preferred) or Spanish a
• Partner with Sr. Producer to devise and implement a performance driven programming/editorial strategy and socialize it amongst the product stakeholders
• Work with enterprise metadata on translation and localization within the app experience
• Curate long and short-form content for portfolio priorities, seasonal opportunities, and around trending topics
• Merchandise promotional areas on apps and sites; work with GO, social, and marketing teams for effective promotion of content
• Track content through scheduling and delivery processes
• Publish long and short-form videos using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
• Maintain knowledge of program library to thoroughly exploit the existing library through stunts and packages
• Work in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, media logistics, legal, and social media)
• Own engagement SMART goals and evaluate content performance daily, recommending and implementing changes when appropriate.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the editorial voice/style guide for the consumer interface of the product
• Maintain awareness of current competitors' products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations
• Drive meetings to discuss strategy with executive-level stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
• 3+ year's experience in online/interactive media, program scheduling or equivalent
• Fluency in written and spoken French ( Québécois preferred) or Spanish
• Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
• Video programming/development or editorial experience
• Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Flexible and can pivot as the project dictates; thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5no2-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.