We are hiring a Principal PMT to derive insights into customer behavior based on our Personalization efforts. These insights will be used to improve our customer experience, advertising and marketing. The PMT will identify business / consumer needs, and build and drive a roadmap of delivery across various programs in partnership with multiple senior leaders. They will work with Data Science, Engineering, Business and Product leaders, and be accountable for thought leadership in this area, and discuss your progress and direction with C-level executives.
The ideal candidate will have built / heavily utilized large scale systems that use multiple signals to build customer insights and driven the use of these insights for product improvement, marketing or other purposes. They will have an engineering / applied science background AND/OR have worked hand in hand with data scientists. They are a key influencer of strategy for your team and business partners across the company, and contribute significantly to company-wide plans. They exhibit strong judgement in making trade-offs between customer and business needs short and long term. They are a collaborative partner that makes the team and partners more productive, by sharing their knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical and business decisions. They also provide mentoring to develop junior leaders.
• Work with engineering to translate functional designs into user stories, provide insights on the functional repercussions of particular technical choices and challenges technical choices when necessary, adapt functional designs to fit schedule constraints, and manage and prioritize the story backlog.
• Always be shipping: you will drive all processes around delivering the right software on time and on budget. You will participate in daily scrums and meta-scrums, pro-actively anticipate bottlenecks or resource contention, unblock development, triage issues, modify or rescope stories to reduce risk, and accept stories when they are done.
• Regularly engage stakeholders and external teams to communicate the status of various in-flight development, and anticipate the result of schedule changes to other teams.
• Analyze and track operational KPIs that you own, finding the right roadmap blend between new feature work and maintenance/sustained engineering. You will be responsible for maintaining the general operational snapshot of your feature area and presenting it as necessary.
• During live-site escalations, provide leadership and analysis based on your understanding of customer use-cases. You will be paged if your service tips over: so make sure your functional design is resilient.
• Participate in the review of outages and provide feedback to prevent future occurrences.
• Do outreach and evangelism to brands and other platform teams, maintaining and presenting the roadmap presentation for your area.
• Where necessary, serve as the ongoing direct liaison between a given brand's team and the platform group, helping identify platform gaps and assisting the brand with a project or launch.
• Act as the subject-matter expert for their functional area for people outside of their team.
• Contribute to and review documentation for public-facing APIs and features.
• Research potential partners to accelerate our roadmap by creating evaluation criteria, connecting and managing relationships with partners, and prototyping potential integrations.
• 10+ years of Product Management experience for a technology / software product, with day to day understanding of the technologies involved.
• 4+ years of Software Engineering experience is highly preferred.
• 4+ years of Applied / Data Science background is highly preferred.
• Experience with microservices architectures, operational use of cloud computing applications preferred
• Experience building ML-driven applications from conception to deployment, including model selection, building, training, validation and scaling preferred
• Experience as a technical leader, leading the design and development of complex applications.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of projects from inception to rollout and maintenance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and confidence to work closely with select customers in pre-sales and collaborative scenarios.
• A BS degree in Computer Science or a related field is required. MS/PhD in CS or related discipline is preferred.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbobjx-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.