Senior Product Designer
London, United Kingdom
Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
The Discovery team is hiring a Principal Product Manager, Sports member to join the team.
• Own and develop a specific Sports Features backlog, and be constantly grooming
• Delivers on a specific product roadmap to an identified ‘Sport Experience Mission’, gaining internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
• Ownership of the Product delivery of the Olympic Games, Big Events and Sporting Leagues
• Ownership of Eurosport Player roadmap
• Lead a team of Sports focussed senior, mid and associate level Product Managers
• Acts with autonomy navigating the most complex problems - frequently where the product strategy, roadmap, and technology approach may not be known or defined
• Confident and comfortable shaping and clarifying ambiguous problem
• Work with delivery management to ensure high quality releases
• Work with UX & Design to ensure best-in-class products.
• Work with CX to inject real customer feedback to follow data driven product development principle
• Ensure complex business requirements are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products
• Role model for PM competencies across the organization; mentor, coach other PMs
• Contribute to iterative delivery of product features.
• Curate strong stakeholder management and the to create positive internal relationships
• Interface with international stakeholders and be able to travel, sometimes at short notice
• Proven experience as a Lead Product Owner, with experience with internal development & technology teams in a video or media environment with a background in Sports focussed OTT Product
• Track record of developing market leading products, preferably in the sport space
• Able to demonstrate and articulate applications which you have led and what aspects of the application you have led on
• Recent and relevant experience managing a Product backlog
• Experience of using insights and analytics tools to achieve your product feature goal
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digital audiences
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices, particularly Scrum & Kanban
• Adherence to BDD
• Excellent decision making and judgment. Not afraid to make a decision.
• Perceptive, with strong analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Skills to facilitate meetings at a Senior level
• Experience managing different digital workstreams
• Ability to co-ordinate internal and external cross functional teams, Development, Product and Design (ideally across varied geographical locations), to establish and execute project plans
• A strong sense of Ownership, to own yours successes and your failures and to learn from them
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.