Business Operations Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Discovery Inc is hiring a Principal Product Manager role to join the team.
• Ideate and bring to life the products and platforms that will allow Discovery+ to become a market leader in the video-on-demand spaceRole models best practice Platform Manager behaviours while delivering on roadmaps for product areas ensuring a prioritised backlog for their Product area.
• Inspires and encourages teams to push for a higher quality bar across the broader DTC system
• Owns major platforms or suite of platforms; expert at platform/NFR development and optimization
• Manage platform roadmap for one or more work streams and deliver on some of the most complex Product launches.
• Lead multiple projects as the key representative
• Collaborate with the UX & Design teams to ensure best-in-class products
• Work with delivery management to ensure high quality releases, on time, which delivers against the company’s strategic objectives.
• Own the Platform specific roadmap
• Oversee the rollout of new Platforms on affiliate devices such as Set Top Boxes
• Oversee the rollout of new platforms to expand the Discovery+ EMEA platform footprint
• Provide platform domain design and technology thought leadership throughout various stages of solution lifecycle - planning, design, specification, implementation and launch
• A thorough interest and commitment to best of breed Platform features
• In depth domain knowledge, with a specific focus on Connected Device & Smart TV
• Proven experience as a platform focussed lead role, integrating video technology cross platform
• Proven experience in managing a team comprised of differing levels
• Demonstrated experience of presenting to senior level executives
• Demonstrable experience of end-to-end web, mobile/tablet & Connected TV product development
• Thorough understanding of the intricacies and specific behaviours of Smart TVs, 10FT screens and long tail devices.
• Experience of using data and logs to identify performance improvements
• Relevant and recent experience of managing a Product backlog themselves
• Ability to communicate to non-tech audiences
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile development practices, particularly Scrum & Kanban
• Adherence to Continuous Integration
• Adherence to Behaviour Driven Development principles
• Excellent decision making and judgment. Not afraid to make a decision.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.