Discovery+ is excited to accounce that we're recruiting a Pricing Manager as part of the EMEA Discovery+ Growth Marketing team. Discovery+ is Discovery's direct-to-consumer video susbcription service rolling out globally.
As a Pricing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting our pricing and packaging strategy across the EMEA region. You will work closely with local offices and departments across Discovery EMEA and Discovery+, including Growth, Retention, Product, Analytics and Finance. The Manager will be expected to interpret data and inform pricing decisions that maximize customer and commercial value. They will be responsible for developing a pricing and packaging framework, supporting local markets in determining pricing and promotion strategy and monitoring and optimizing performance.
We are looking for a talented all-rounder with solid experience in a commercial, strategy, finance or analytical role. The right candidate will bring a consumer-first mindset, strategic thinking and business judgment to pricing and packaging discussions.
The manager's main responsibilities will include:
• Undertake high-value analysis to inform pricing, packaging and promotion strategies
• Develop and maintain a pricing and packaging framework
• Support local markets in building pricing and promotion strategy
• Derive pricing, packaging and proposition insights from data and research
• Understand the price sensitivity of our products to understand trade-offs in units vs. price
• Develop and execute robust pricing trials/tests
• Create and use financial models to explore alternative pricing scenarios
• Undertake detailed competitor analysis to ensure Discovery+'s proposition benchmarks effectively
• Monitor performance deliver regular reporting, KPIs and dashboards to senior stakeholders
• Provide additional project-based support as needed (e.g. input into sports rights investment cases, customer segmentation, new growth initiatives)
• Degree from a reputable university, preferably within an analytical subject (e.g. mathematics/finance/economics/marketing)
• Demonstrable experience in a commercial, analytical, strategy or related role
• Fast learner with terrific analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to translate complex data into actionable recommendations
• Able to build strong relationships with team members and local stakeholders in our London office and in offices around the world
• Strong computer literacy, including experience working with analytics, statistical and data representation tools (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau)
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to plan and work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge and understanding of pricing strategies and techniques
• A solid understanding of finance principles/metrics (e.g. margins, ROI)
• Understanding of marketing and subscription business metrics (e.g. lifetime value)
• Experience working in the digital media industries
• Experience with core analytical and statistical techniques
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje62w-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.