The Previewing team at Discovery Networks Northern Europe works across 23 channels feeds transmitted to Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. The main purpose of the Previewer role is to screen and prepare scheduled programme material for on-air transmission.
We are now recruiting for a Previewer. The right candidate for this position will be passionate and entertainment and the broadcasting industry. They should have a basic understanding of compliance regulations and their purpose within the industry.
The role requires liaising with internal and external departments to guarantee that material lives up to our broadcast standard and is delivered within set deadlines. Duties include adding break points for commercials and secondary events, quality approval of programmes, and setting or confirming that parental rating certifications have been applied in accordance with DNNE guidelines.
The role will involve extensive use of media asset management software VPMS and scheduling system What'sOn. This is a high intensity role which requires quick responses, superior organisational skills and a good eye for detail.
• Coordinate content for assigned channels with program planners in territory. Follow up on missing programmes and late deliveries.
• Liaise with Material, Ingest and Compliance teams to ensure all scheduled programmes are ingested and meet broadcasting standards and regulatory requirements.
• Import edit and break point data to What'sOn including time codes, audio configuration, aspect ratio, end credit time codes and special remarks.
• Participate in weekly previewing meetings with copy, sports and compliance teams.
• Maintain basic knowledge and understanding of major sporting events
• Final approve QC, preview and cutlist (soft parting) of material, set break points to maximise viewer retention, and ensure that required break structures are used.
• Liaise with Schedulers and Programme Planners and follow up on their requests for edited break points in order to optimise our commercial inventory while guaranteeing an optimal viewing experience.
• Complete compliance reports for programme assets and approve the allocated parental rating certification to ensure compliance with Ofcom or other local broadcast regulators.
• Test and review new software development, upgrades and workflows as required.
• Assist and support other teams and management within the programming department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed.
• Previous experience from segmentation, QC or an editorial role within the broadcast industry is preferred.
• Good understanding of broadcast scheduling and MAM systems.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
• Some understanding of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code regulations (or equivalent local regulator).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Great attention to details and ability to work to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Scandinavian language skills are an advantage but not a must.
• Knowledge of video editing software is an advantage but not a must
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm669-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.