Software Development Engineer
The Global Data Analytics team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The PowerApps Developer is responsible for creating custom business apps across the global enterprise. In this role, you will apply development best practices and design principles to create easy-to-use and maintainable applications. You will have the opportunity to work closely and collaboratively with the Global Data Analytics team and interfacing with business stakeholders across the organization. The ideal candidate must be highly analytical and have the proven ability to develop and reverse engineer complex solutions.
1. Translate abstract business requirements into actionable technical requirements which can be executed using PowerApps, utilizing best practices within the Power Platform Community
2. Create and configure PowerApps (both Canvas and Model-driven Apps)
3. Create and configure Power Automate workflows
4. Strong experience developing and shaping data with SQL
5. Work with business end-users to verify and validate logic
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 4+ years professional experience
* 2+ years PowerApps experience
* Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
* Ability to compose complex SQL queries
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.